Summer is in full swing and nothing makes summer more fun like throwing a killer summer event for you, your friends and the neighborhood. The number one thing at any amazing summer event is the music. Become your own DJ with tips from an eclectic and spirited DJ whose style is contagious and craved!
DJ Logan’s Run has made this easy for everyone by creating a top ten list of tips on throwing your killer summer event through music.
Christopher Logan aka Logan’s Run was raised in Miami’s pulsating nightlife scene and presently lives in NYC. Always keeping the crowd on their toes and on the dance floor he focuses on the synergy between the music and his audience. He’s influenced by classic house, disco, soul, funk, and world music and merges the genres into his unique one of a kind sets.
Top 10 Tips From DJ Logan’s Run on throwing a killer summer event through music
1. Create a custom playlist for your event. Now I know the idea of creating a playlist for your guests may seem like a daunting task. But relax, you got this!
2. I would recommend creating a playlist that is at least 3 hours long. That may sound like a hefty feat but don’t fret the minutes will add up quick! Have fun, and dig through your inner rolodex for an array of classics peppered with today’s hits and new releases.
3. Don’t be afraid to play covers of some of your favorite songs. This will add an element of surprise while entertaining your guests as they sing along. Two of my favorites are Travis’ cover of Brittany Spears “Hit Me Baby One More Time” and Dolly Parton’s cover of “Stairway to Heaven”.
4. If you feel overwhelmed by creating your own playlist, I would recommend heading over to Spotify. They have curated ones for almost any occasion. Stress free, now where did I put my mocktail?
5. Look into hiring a professional DJ for your event. They can create a custom mood throughout your party while you’re out entertaining your guests or grazing over the appetizers.
6. Think of the vibe you want to create for your event. Is it Poolside lounge, family backyard BBQ or perhaps a full on all night rager? Keep the groove going effortlessly by keeping your guests in mind and stray from including tracks that may change the pace of your event drastically.
7. Be sure to play some classics, people love being able to sing along. Genre’s like Motown, 80’s Pop, Classic Rock, and Disco are a safe bet.
8. Keep in mind the volume of the music. Is your intent to create a background vibe or do you wanna create a dance party?
9. Live music always gets people’s attention. Inquire about perhaps hiring local musicians. Like a Classical harpists, a Jazz quartet, Spanish Guitarist, or even a cover band.
10. A good rule of thumb is a good ole’ 2 for 1. No I’m not talking about chips. I’m talking about songs. 2 songs people know and one they may not be familiar with. That’s a great way to introduce new music to your guests while keeping it rocking!
He continually works with top brands across the spectrum like Mercedes Benz, NYLON, Red Bull, Lomography, and Lapalme Magazine spinning at their special events across the country. He has stepped in to create a list of the top ten songs for Resident Magazines Summer Playlist!
Summer Resident Magazine Playlist
DJ Logan’s Run Top 10 songs of the Summer
- Jack Savoretti feat. Mika “Youth and Love”
- Brian Newman “Sunday In New York”
- Vanessa Da Mata & Ben Harper “Boa Sorte/Good Luck”
- Jamiroquai “Summer Girl”
- The Veronicas “Think of Me” – Alphalove Remix
- Reelsoul “Musik 2018” Original Mix
- Richard Cortez & Alex Mejia “You’ve Changed”
- The Shapeshifter’s featuring Kimberly Davis “Life is a dancefloor”
- Luther Vandross “My Body” Louie Vega Synth Bass Radio Mix
- Bellsaint “Like Gold To Me”