With the retail landscape evolving, it has become more important than ever to back the small businesses that are vital to creating thriving communities. American Express is raising awareness of the issues impacting small businesses and helping small businesses future proof their business by teaming up with top trend forecaster WGSN to highlight upcoming potential technology and trend shifts.
For the 10th Annual Small Business Saturday, American Express is bringing those insights to life through The Big Future of Shopping Small, an interactive retail space that introduces shoppers and small business owners to the future of retail, showcasing how technology and innovation is making shopping easier, more personalized and sustainably conscious. Supermodel and entrepreneur Karlie Kloss was on hand to kick off the festivities surrounding the Small Business Initiative’s 10 year anniversary.
The Big Future of Shopping Small features interactive “Main Street” shopping experiences, such as AI & AR technologies, reimagined physical storefront spaces, clothing from zero footprint manufacturing methods and more, via retailers including Glazed and Confused, Zero Waste Daniel, Parley, 7th Floor Clothing, Soko and The New Stand.
- The Donut Shop: Created in partnership with local business Glazed and Confused – experience the future of ordering food with a Biometric match preference.
- The Clothing Shop: Purchase fashions made from upcycled materials by eco-friendly designer Zero Waste Daniel.
- The Wine Shop: Learn more about the wine blend through augmented technology, which allows every label to convey the story of the brand behind it to anyone with a smartphone.
- The Virtual Boutique: Shop virtual versions of products with 3D-rendered products by Parley, 7th Floor Clothing and Soko.
- The New Stand: Shop for curated essentials at New Stand without ever having to step up to a register.
This weekend if you are a Platinum or Centurion cardholder be sure to stop by NYC’s first ever Platinum House open noon to 5pm on Saturday November 30 – Sunday December 1 at 5 East 17 st, NYC to celebrate Small Business Saturday. Each cardholder can bring up to 3 guests where you’ll be treated to complimentary artisan cocktails and amuse-bouche by local restaurants from the Global Dining Collection including Legacy Records, Cote Korean Steakhouse, or Wayan by Cedric and Ochi Vongerichten exclusive services to elevate your shopping weekend, and holiday spirit.
For more information visit: amex.co/platinumhouse